A perfectly balanced western style chef’s knife. 220mm long blade length. Limited edition of 7 knives.
Carbon steel sourced from two 36 inch sawmill blades estimated to be from the 1950’s (made by E. Dawes & Son of Bethnal Green, London, established in the 1890’s).
Laburnum wood from residential garden in Hampstead, London.
Horse-chestnut burr from the Preselli Hills in Pontfaen, Wales. From an ancient tree felled during a storm due to infection from fungi. The traces left by environmental stresses gives the wood its distinct character.
Brass carriage lock meted and cast from a 1950’s steam train from London & North Western Railway.